By Sonya Michel, Rianne Mahon
No matter if childcare is obvious as a part of society's academic coverage, welfare coverage, or employment coverage impacts not just its shape and content material but additionally its public photograph. The individuals during this quantity use present polices for the care of babies and preschool teenagers to research debates and music the emergence of latest country welfare practices throughout quite a few social and political configurations-and provide a few conclusions approximately which tools paintings the simplest.
Read Online or Download Child Care Policy at the Crossroads: Gender and Welfare State Restructuring PDF
Similar social policy books
It truly is extensively held that the us lagged at the back of the international locations of Western Europe in constructing sleek social guidelines. yet, as Theda Skocpol indicates during this new old research, the us really pioneered beneficiant social spending for lots of of its aged, disabled and established electorate.
A conceptual framework and empirical case stories of the coverage impression of voluntary courses subsidized through undefined, govt, and nongovernmental corporations.
Speech, Media, and Ethics: the boundaries of unfastened Expression is an interdisciplinary paintings that employs ethics, liberal philosophy, and felony and media experiences to stipulate the bounds to freedom of expression and freedom of the click, outlined largely to incorporate the correct to illustrate and to wooden, the perfect to compete in elections, and the suitable to speak perspectives through the written and digital media.
- Choice and Coercion: Birth Control, Sterilization, and Abortion in Public Health and Welfare (Gender and American Culture)
- President Johnson's war on poverty: rhetoric and history
- The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- Changing Ones: Third and Fourth Genders in Native North America
- Egalitarian Envy: the Political Foundations of Social Justice
Extra resources for Child Care Policy at the Crossroads: Gender and Welfare State Restructuring
S. Kuhnle. London: Routledge. Fincher, Ruth. 1996. ” In Who Will Mind the Baby? Geographies of Child Care and Working Mothers, ed. Kim England. London: Routledge. Fraser, Nancy. 1997. Justice Interruptus: Critical Rflections on the “Postsocialist” Condition. New York and London: Routledge. Friendly, Martha. 1997. ” Policy Options 8, no. 1 : 3-6. Garrett, Geoff. 1998. Partisan Politics in the Global Economy. Cambridge: Cambridge Univer sity Press. Gornick, Janet C. 1999. ” Luxembourg Income Study Working Paper no.
In Globalization and EuropeanWelfare States: Challenges and Changes, ed. Robert Sykes, Bruno Palier, and Pauline Prior. London: Macmillan. Rianne Mahon 25 Daly, Mary, and Jane Lewis. 2000. “The Concept of Social Care and the Analysis of Contem porary Welfare States British Journal of Sociology 51, no. 2: 281—98 . D aune-Richard, Anne-Marie, and Rianne Mahon. 1998. ). In Qui doit garder le jeune enfant? Les representations du travail des mères dans l ’Europe en crise (Who Should Care for the Young Child?
29. The Canada Assistance Plan, adopted in 1966, opened the door to federal contribu tions to child care on a cost-shared basis. 30. Although Kremer provides information on Belgian child care, she chose to focus on the Flemish side because (1) responsibility has been devolved to the Flemish and Walloon communities respectively and (2) the Flemish community has a lot in common with the Dutch in terms of language, religion, and culture. 31. Gornick places Dutch women at the top among fifteen OECD countries in terms of the percentage of women working part-time (59 percent of all women and 89 percent of mothers with a child under six years of age; Gornick 1999, table 2).