By Fred W. Jenkins
This advisor to bibliographical and data assets in all components of classical experiences contains Greek and Latin languages and literature, Greek and Roman historical past and classical archaeologies.
Read or Download Classical studies : a guide to the reference literature PDF
Similar bibliographies & indexes books
Choosing millions of historic fiction novels, biographies, background alternate books, CD-ROMs, and videotapes, those books assist you find assets on global background for college students. each one is split into sections. within the first half, titles are indexed in response to grade degrees inside of particular geographic components and time classes.
This quantity offers an in depth resume of present wisdom concerning the classical Indian Philosophical platforms of Nyaya and Vaisesika of their past levels, i. e. overlaying the literature from their inception within the sutras of Gautama and Kanada ahead of the time of Gangesa (about A. D. 1350). The summaries are prepared in relative chronolo-gical order to help the reader in tracing the improvement of the syncretic school,s notion.
Uniquely, the current paintings will found in one position the vernacular names of the just about 10000 birds of the realm in approximately fifty languages. it's going to hence function a precious reference paintings and resource of knowledge that has been scattered via box courses, medical journals, coffee-table volumes and around the web, frequently buried below all types of different info.
- 100 Most Popular Contemporary Mystery Authors: Biographical Sketches and Bibliographies
- Notes for serials cataloging
- Introduction to United States government information sources
- Carl Friedrich Gauss: A Bibliography
- Church and State in Historical Perspective: A Critical Assessment and Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies & Indexes in Religious Studies)
Extra info for Classical studies : a guide to the reference literature
178. ARCH-L. html. Subscription address: 179. I ,SOPHIA. html. uk. Subscription This list provides a general forum for the discussion of ancient philosophy. Its from Hesiod to Iamblichus, and from Spain to Palestine. The volume of Jnc)mlallv low and consists mostly of announcements. phical Works of different types of works will be found in this chapter. The first section includes and other primarily textual works that provide biographical data about ancient Romans. The dictionaries tend to deal with famous figures of antiquity: political artists, writers, and the like.
396. Bradford citizens of Sparta and members of the families and households of citizens. He also foreigners with honorary Spartan citizenship. Like Poralla, Bradford uses an alphaarrangement (names are in the Greek alphabet). d by number; subarrangement varies according to what is known about each Cross-references are provided from unused forms, although they do not always clear the chosen form of entry. "'U'llMlt:U biographies for further information. The standard format of entries is namerees--bi,ogl:aphy.
Inforabout subscribing and the list's archives may be found on the Web site. edu. NUMISM-L. htmi. edu. The Classics list concentrates on the study and teaching of Greek and Latin language and literature, with occasional digressions into history and archaeology. Content is geared toward an academic audience. Traffic on the list runs from moderate to heavy. This list has a decided tendency to get sidetracked on minor or irrelevant issues. It is, however, an excellent news source and a good place to post queries on classical topics.