By Erick Tejkowski
Cocoa programming isn't just the well-liked improvement surroundings for Mac OS X, it’s additionally a major software for growing iPhone and iPod contact software program. That makes this a good time to benefit Cocoa, and Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies is the best position to start!
This booklet grants a superb starting place in Cocoa and the bizarre syntax of Objective-C. You’ll examine what’s new in Cocoa frameworks and create an software step-by-step. for instance, you can:
• See how Xcode underlies your functions because the major component to Apple’s IDE
• learn the fundamentals of the Objective-C language, the weather of a Cocoa interface, and object-oriented programming
• Use Xcode and Interface Builder
• Spruce up your apps with audio, video, net beneficial properties, stylized textual content, and more
• Create purposes with the lovely pics for which Macs are famous
• See the best way to construct apps with a number of records or even executables that aren’t conventional Mac apps
• Use all of the interesting new Cocoa features
• paintings with Cocoa numbers, arrays, Booleans, and dates
• construct document-based applications
• Simplify with key-value coding
The larger you already know Cocoa programming, the higher the purposes you could create for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod contact. Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies makes it effortless and fun!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics are usually not integrated as a part of book dossier.
Read Online or Download Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X for Dummies PDF
Best computing books
Reddit. com is an amazingly attractive site with a various person base. In "The entire Beginner's consultant to Reddit," you are going to the right way to commence looking the positioning, create an account, join a variety of subreddits, submit, edit, and delete reviews, make submissions, join and create multireddits, and quite a few different themes.
Http://www. stressed out. com/magazine/never-let-go/
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the thirteenth foreign convention on allotted Computing and Networking, ICDCN 2012, held in Hong Kong, China, in the course of January 3-6, 2012. The 36 revised complete papers and 1 brief paper awarded including four poster papers have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from a hundred submissions.
This quantity is an outgrowth of the second one foreign Workshop on Macroscopic Quantum Coherence and Computing held in Napoli, Italy, in June 2000. This workshop collected a couple of specialists from the foremost Universities and learn associations of numerous international locations. the alternative of the site, which acknowledges the position and the traditions of Naples during this box, assured the members a stimulating surroundings.
- Soft Computing as Transdisciplinary Science and Technology: Proceedings of the fourth IEEE International Workshop WSTST ’05
- Solutions Manual for an Introduction to Cryptography with Coding Theory (2nd Edition)
- Reliably Deploying Rails Applications
- vSphere Virtual Machine Management
- Ubiquitous Computing and Multimedia Applications: Second International Conference, UCMA 2011, Daejeon, Korea, April 13-15, 2011. Proceedings, Part I
Extra info for Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X for Dummies
H” If you’re a seasoned C programmer, remember that #import in Cocoa is like #include in standard C. The directive lets your code know where the definition of your class is. After the header, the source code lists the implementation of the Fusebox class: @implementation Fusebox One part of that Fusebox class is a calculateAnswer action. By adding the calculateAnswer action, you can make your application functional. All code that appears between the two empty braces of the calculateAnswer method executes whenever a user clicks the button in your interface.
Figure 2-20: If a build goes off without a hitch, the debugger displays Succeeded in the bottom-right corner. Chapter 2: Creating Your First Cocoa Application Figure 2-21: The completed application in action. Keep in mind that because you’re working with only integers; you won’t get correct results if you enter numbers with fractional values (see Figure 2-22). If you use a number with a decimal in it, you’ll get a result without the fractional part. Clearly, the calculator isn’t as robust as you might need.
M file displays, as shown in Figure 3-4.